Business Analyst Manager - Digital
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Job Summary/ Hybrid or Remote
We are looking for a qualified IT Manager to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. This role will be responsible for day-to-day work with Philadelphia Insurance Companies and our IT teams to provide strategic leadership for the Business Analysis (BA) team. This role will lead a team of BA’s to develop Insurance technology solutions that deliver delightful user experiences with digital technology.
Primary focuses include: developing the competency and growth of business analysts by coaching and educating on business analysis skills, driving solutions for our customer, supporting demand management, contributing to continuous improvements, and resource performance management to ensure that the right resources are available to support projects and maintenance efforts.
This role will be involved in the many aspects of bringing innovation and digital opportunities to our business and helping lead the BA team in the delivery of innovative and exciting projects across the organization. This role will work with Insurtech partners to craft digital solutions for our website and Agency Management Systems.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of staff, which includes assessing and monitoring staff productivity through standards and metrics to optimize performance and increase efficiency.
- Manages a team of business analysts, advises and guides team in effective management of their assigned projects.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements approved process improvements.
- Creates or modifies processes and procedures to solve problems, considering technical feasibility and desired results.
- Builds high performance teams through effectively training, mentoring, delegating, and providing feedback to appropriate members of the Department.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Manages team members that will support the adoption of new technologies and platforms in addition to enhancing the user experience for employees and customers.
- Facilitates communications between IT teams, business, and vendors.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance to team members concerning P&C insurance and insurance technology, including websites, portals, and carrier-agency connectivity.
- Performs general managerial duties including hiring, training, coaching, and terminating. Performs annual reviews.
- Facilitates sessions geared at scoping high-level business requirements for the configuration and integration streams of technical requirements.
- Conducts detailed requirement gathering sessions with product owners and team to discuss necessary application changes to meet business needs.
- Works with technical leads and subject matter experts of upstream and downstream systems, which receive and send data in support of policy processes and other impacted company processes.
- Builds strong relationships with business and technology leaders. Understand business area opportunities and challenges, process or system impacts to all related business or systems areas when implementing recommended solution to obtain business objectives
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Insurance Certification(s) preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in business analysis, and at least 3 years of people management experience.
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs. Ability to decompose complex business and data requirements into specifications for developers
- Demonstrated experience with various customer and agency facing Insurance technology, including digital solutions, carrier-agency connectivity and integrations, and portal based policy admin systems.
- Experience and knowledge of IVANS or similar Agent connectivity technologies is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of Duck Creek Producer portal or similar portal solutions is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of web analytics technologies is preferred
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.