IT Manager, QA
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
This exciting new opportunity will allow an experienced Test Manager to make an immediate impact on a Quality Services team known for being innovative using a wide variety of tool sets and automation. The IT Manager will lead test efforts across multiple applications while managing large and diverse global teams. The IT manager will oversee all aspects of multiple service delivery teams validating adherence to TMNAS quality processes and standards while driving completion of large projects and standard releases.
Essential Job Functions:
- Staffs and leads test teams on large, complex enterprise projects
- Sets priority for multiple work streams while providing guidance & strategic direction
- Acts as the Quality Services point of contact for designated operational areas related to business facing applications.
- Monitors and reports on service delivery metrics as well as overall performance of delivery units
- Provides detailed work estimates to the project management team and drives testing
- Supports quality aspects for an array of packaged applications
- Analyzes business requirements for impacts across the application landscape
- Participates in Service Level Agreements (SLA) & validates adherence
- Leads improvement efforts when SLAs are not met
- Builds high performing teams through effective training, mentoring, and feedback loops
- Leads test teams for production support
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred
- Master’s degree in related discipline a plus
- P&C Insurance experience preferred
- Prior management of multiple teams and workstreams required
- Prior IT role(s) in Software Quality Assurance and Testing in different environments and platforms including packaged applications
- Proficient in analyzing Business Requirements, System Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirement specifications, and Design Documents to formulate Test Plans, Test Strategies and Test Cases
- Experience testing complex integrations across legacy platforms developed in C#.net, VB.net, etc. and modern platform applications (Guidewire, Policy Decision, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience testing Azure integration Services, Webmethods and Service Oriented Architecture such as API, Web 2.0 and micro services.
- Experience testing Cognos and writing complex SQL queries
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Strong leadership ability: able to work with a group to set objectives, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide/motivate achievement
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Strong writing and communication skills
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.