Data Analytics Engineer
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
As a member of our information management team, the OLAP Developer is responsible for the design, development, and support of new and existing OLAP Cubes. This position utilizes industry standards and best practices to facilitate dissemination of data to our business partners and the use, analysis, and consumption of information from various data repositories.
Essential Duties: The OLAP Developer will work with multiple groups within IT and the business to interpret requirements and develop creative solutions to assist in the use of information assets. Through project participation, assisting in evaluating the proper methods for publication of information, and provide insight into the evolution of OLAP technology within the industry the OLAP developer plays a pivotal role in information delivery to the organization.
- Working with business partners and technical teams; plan, design, and implement effective and scalable Business Intelligence (BI) solutions utilizing MS SSAS.
- Champion the use of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions within the organization. Provide education for staff on use, best practices, and self-service.
- Provide support for user facing analytical tools such as Excel, SSAS, Cognos, and Power BI.
- Assist in development of and maintenance of conceptual, logical, physical data models as well as supplemental documentation for the enterprise data warehouse and OLAP environments.
- Develop, implement, and tune complex queries constructed with SQL/MDX / DMX.
- Cube maintenance including partitioning and performance optimization.
- Input towards and adherence to standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams as it pertains to OLAP toolsets and usage.
- Work with ETL developers incorporate new data elements from source databases into the data warehouse as needed.
- Work with the data warehouse systems to insure data integrity, quality, and accuracy and suggests opportunities for improvement.
- Understand in theory and apply in practice all phases of SDLC from system analysis and design thru development and test to deployment and support.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Performs special projects and other duties as needed.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering) preferred
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Predictive Analytics, or Data Science) a plus.
- CBIP certification or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ Years of experience overall working in data management, including 2+ years focused on OLAP cube design and MDX query development
- Proficient in SQL / MDX / DMX required
- MSSAS or other OLAP toolset development experience. Understanding of structuring dimension hierarchies and attribute relationships, cube perspectives and partitioning.
- Tabular SSAS experience is desired
- Experience with Cognos and / or PowerBI is desired
- Experience with data management, governance, and control within a financial services setting preferably within the P&C insurance industry
- Advanced abilities in relational and dimensional data architecture, modeling, extraction, transformation, and loading, data management, data governance, and related disciplines.
- Advanced SQL language skills.
- Adept in tracing and resolving data integrity issues.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.