Business Analyst III - Data Governance
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
We are looking for a qualified Business Analyst III to continue our efforts with Data Catalog, Lineage and Governance for TMNAS and its Group companies. This individual will leverage their broad knowledge of Data Governance and stewardship concepts to identify improvement opportunities and propose solutions based on insightful quantitative and qualitative analysis. We are looking for a candidate with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain relationships and lines of communication with key business and IT stakeholders, and to identify and collaborate with influential subject matter experts in order to drive measurably successful outcomes.
Candidates are expected to have in-depth understanding of Data Governance practices and experience with operationalizing them through practical methods and tools. We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate hands on analyst to move Data Governance operations and practices towards strategic goals
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data and metadata analysis on programs, projects, sub-projects, and issues, as assigned
- Work with stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and document business and technical needs, and to ensure alignment with DG strategy
- Partner with architects and developers to infuse DG considerations into architectural planning and design
- Evangelize DG strategy and promotes DG principles, policies, and best practices
- Establish Data standards, creates critical DG artifacts and monitors compliance of standards
- Establish KPIs for periodic measurement and reporting to the management team.
- Partner with vendor resources and guides them in work assignments, provides technical support and coordinates with them on day-to-day operational work.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business for assigned work.
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in Data catalog, Data Lineage and Governance practices.
- Significant experience with Data Governance / Metadata Management or Lineage toolsets such as Alation or Collibra Data Center Governance or Manta toolsets
- Experience with SQL query-writing and BI tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, SSRS, etc.
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) is preferred
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is preferred
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.