System Administrator III
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
To perform server and core Infrastructure administration to support applications and services at all phases of the SDLC. Leverage DevOps principles and automation technologies to improve service and streamline operational and development tasks.
- Install, configure, maintain, and tune Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Troubleshoot and provide support at all levels of operating system and infrastructure components.
- Review and audit system backups on daily basis to ensure proper OS and Data protection.
- Review system performance leveraging APM and OS monitoring platforms. Escalate anomalies to appropriate parties.
- Monitor ticket queue and maintain SLA adherence.
- Create / maintain automation scripts used for operational processes such as server build automation, cloud orchestration, and regular system hygiene.
- Provide support of Disaster Recovery testing leveraging virtualization tools and documented processes.
- Collaborate with IT teams to develop process efficiencies leveraging scripting languages and automation tools.
- Support evolving cloud strategy of multiple supported Group Companies
- Responds to ad-hoc requests with timely and accurate assistance.
- Clearly communicate information to internal and external teams.
- Utilize analytical and technical skills to creatively solve problems, improve service, and support organizational needs.
- Implement and perform monitoring using appropriate tools to meet service level agreements.
- Works with the Service Desk to facilitate production support efforts and Tier-1 support responses to system related issues.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers and vendor support resources.
- Adhere to IT Security Policies and develop all solutions with security in mind.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support on an as-needed basis or in an oncall rotation.
- 5+ years of total experience preferred
- Experience with the following:
- Installing and tuning Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems.
- Operating system tools, permissions, and troubleshooting.
- Scripting and automation tools, Powershell, Python, and Linux Shell preferred
- Vmware virtualization Platform preferred
- Cloud Experience, Azure or AWS
- Backup Technologies, Avamar, DataDomain or comparable systems
- Patching Tools such as SCCM or RedHat Satellite
- Windows Server OS (2012 – 2019)
- RHEL or other Linux OS
- Commitment to displaying a high level of customer service.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate solutions and concepts to technical resources as well as non-technical customers and users.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate cross disciplines with other functional IT teams.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks while working in a quick-paced changing environment.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.