Senior Actuarial Pricing Analyst - Rate Maintenance
Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
The TMNAS Senior Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share over $4B countrywide. The pricing services include performing Actuarial analyses and calculations, preparing reports and participating in Actuarial projects.
The Senior Pricing Analyst needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires the knowledge to make rate filings across all states and most Property and Casualty lines of business, the ability to price large accounts, the ability to develop rates to support new coverages, and the ability to work with data in support of this work.
- Gather and organize internal data into reports that support the rate maintenance needs of the client sister companies including rate indications, rate impacts, filing forms, and responses to question from insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to develop rate plans for new coverages and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Participate in programming, preparation and interpretation of Actuarial reports
- Participate in projects involving product development and pricing
- Develop new ideas that improve the Department’s performance
- Successful completion of Actuarial exams within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Understanding of Property & Casualty coverage structures
- Ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work
- Strong drive to accomplish goals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Technology skills including data organization, spreadsheet functionality, and database programming skills
- Analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of problems
- Strong attention to detail; ability to process Actuarial information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to translate the business needs into usable reports for the client
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science or information science & technology desirable
- 4+ years of Property and Casualty Actuarial experience
- At least 4 full CAS exams completed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Working knowledge of SQL required
- Experience with standard Property and Casualty ratemaking practices required
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.