Data Engineer III
The Programmer III – Decision Systems role proactively contributes knowledge and practice of a broad array of data management skills and techniques working to rationalize the organizations data assets, processes, applications, systems, and information usage across multiple functional areas. In this role, the individual must exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, be a quick learner, and display a high degree of initiative.
- Partner with relational and dimensional developers, BI analysts, data scientists, and other business stakeholders to drive efficiencies and improvements in information usage.
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of the organizations information assets.
- Execute upon the organizations Enterprise Information Management strategy.
- Establish and build strong working relationships and partnerships with vendors, management, peers, and industry partners.
- Aid in the overall delivery of full spectrum data, analytics, and reporting services across multiple P&C insurance carriers.
- Support the organization in the delivery of self-service data capabilities including training, collaboration, and partnering with the customer.
- Execute upon the strategic vision and realization of data warehousing, analytics, and decision support system development and implementation for the organization.
- Support several complex multi-partner system implementations and back office integrations.
- Promote a data driven culture throughout the organization.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering) preferred
- Master’s Degree (preferably in Business Administration, Predictive Analytics, or Data Science) a plus.
- CBIP certification or equivalent a plus.
- 5+ Years of experience overall working in data management.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.