Actuarial Analyst I - Hybrid
Are you interested in applying your actuarial skills in a fun, flexible environment at a collaborative company that provides you with rewarding domestic and global opportunities? If so, the actuarial department of Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) is the place for you.
As part of the Tokio Marine Group, Tokio Marine North America Services provides actuarial consulting and governance services to the group insurance companies of Tokio Marine North America, which have a total annual premium volume of over $4 billion. At TMNAS, you will be exposed to most Property & Casualty insurance lines of business across all fifty states and all market segments. We utilize cutting-edge modeling techniques that employ telematics and other external market data. We drive innovation through the use of automation tools like SQL, R and Python. Our culture emphasizes employee engagement through training and development programs, job rotations across our reserving, ratemaking and enterprise risk management functions, participation in global working groups as well as team-oriented social events.
As an actuarial candidate, we provide you with the best of all worlds: a small consulting company feel inside a large industry-leading insurance conglomerate, a U.S. -based team working in collaboration with international actuarial colleagues, and experience in all areas of actuarial practice. If you want to join Tokio Marine North America Services and help us deliver exceptional customer service while developing your career skills, apply today!
The TMNAS Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share over $3B countrywide. The pricing services include data development, a reporting platform for self-service pricing reports, exposure management, predictive analytics, rate maintenance, large account pricing, and product development.
The Actuarial Analyst needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires ability to learn data definitions and structures related to insurance operations across most lines of business and the ability to provide assistance in supporting a self-service reporting platform for clients. It also requires the analyst to use the data and/or reports to provide insights on profitability.
- Gather and organize internal and external data into structures that can be used to support the reporting needs of the client sister companies
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Design, develop, enhance, produce and interpret key property and casualty insurance reports for both internal and external distribution
- Communicate results and field questions about group company Price Monitor reports
- Use or create SQL sourced data extracts from source data systems
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities
- Successful completion of actuarial examinations within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science, or information science & technology
- Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams (at least 1 CAS exam passed)
- 0-2 years of property and casualty actuarial experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Experience with other programming languages and/or modeling tools (e.g. R, Python) is a plus
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.