Actuarial Manager - Seeking Accident & Health background with Property & Casualty opportunities
Are you interested in applying your actuarial skills in a fun, flexible environment at a collaborative company that provides you with rewarding domestic and global opportunities? If so, the actuarial department of Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) is the place for you.
As part of the Tokio Marine Group, Tokio Marine North America Services provides actuarial consulting and governance services to the group insurance companies of Tokio Marine North America, which have a total annual premium volume of over $4 billion. At TMNAS, you will be exposed to most Property & Casualty insurance lines of business across all fifty states and all market segments. We utilize cutting-edge modeling techniques that employ telematics and other external market data. We drive innovation through the use of automation tools like SQL, R and Python. Our culture emphasizes employee engagement through training and development programs, job rotations across our reserving, ratemaking and enterprise risk management functions, participation in global working groups as well as team-oriented social events.
As an actuarial candidate, we provide you with the best of all worlds: a small consulting company feel inside a large industry-leading insurance conglomerate, a U.S. -based team working in collaboration with international actuarial colleagues, and experience in all areas of actuarial practice. If you want to join Tokio Marine North America Services and help us deliver exceptional customer service while developing your career skills, apply today!
The TMNAS Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share over $4B countrywide. The pricing services include performing Actuarial analyses and calculations, preparing reports and participating in Actuarial projects.
The Pricing Actuary needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires the knowledge to make rate filings across all states for Accident & Health coverages for new and existing products. This position will also support P&C rate filings as needed.
- Gather and organize internal data into reports that support the rate maintenance needs of the client sister companies including rate indications, rate impacts, filing forms, and responses to question from insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to develop rate plans for new coverages and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to make adjustments to existing rate plans, present the proposed changes to Underwriters and gain their support, and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Participate in programming, preparation and interpretation of Actuarial reports
- Participate in projects involving product development and pricing
- Develop new ideas and efficiencies that improve the Department’s performance
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities
- Monitor economic and regulatory environment to develop strategies for the organization to respond to any opportunities or difficulties identified
- Manage the day-to-day work of analysts and specialists
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science, or information science & technology
- Understanding of Accident and Health coverage structures
- Demonstrated experience managing actuarial functions and leading others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL required
- ASA or FSA required
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work
- Strong drive to accomplish goals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Technology skills including data organization, spreadsheet functionality, and database programming skills
- Analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and potential solutions
- Strong attention to detail; ability to process Actuarial information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and lead a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to translate the business needs into usable work product for the client
Salary range $110,000 to $160,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
Application Deadline: 2/29/2024
Additional benefits information can be found here: https://tmnas.com/benefits-at-tmnas.aspx