Actuarial Analyst I - Reserving
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Support the actuarial function and staff by performing actuarial analyses and calculations, preparing reports and participating in actuarial projects.
- Gather and prepare data for analysis, as directed. Provide support for monthly and quarterly reserving processes
- Participate in programming, preparation, and interpretation of actuarial reports
- Lead the execution of the core recurring reserving data processes and maintain the associated files and tables
- Develop new ideas that improve the Department's performance, accuracy and efficiency
- Successful completion of actuarial examinations within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Actuarial Science, Math, Finance or Economics
- 0-2 years prior property/casualty actuarial experience
- At least 1 full actuarial exam completed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some programming experience preferred, especially with SQL and VBA
- Strong understanding of statistical methods and actuarial tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Strong ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work
- Strong drive to accomplish goals within stated deadlines
- Superior analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of actuarial-related problems
- Strong attention to detail; ability to process actuarial-related information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a customer-focused environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results within tight reporting deadlines
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.