Senior Actuarial Pricing Analyst
Are you interested in applying your actuarial skills in a fun, flexible environment at a collaborative company that provides you with rewarding domestic and global opportunities? If so, the actuarial department of Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) is the place for you.
As part of the Tokio Marine Group, Tokio Marine North America Services provides actuarial consulting and governance services to the group insurance companies of Tokio Marine North America, which have a total annual premium volume of over $4 billion. At TMNAS, you will be exposed to most Property & Casualty insurance lines of business across all fifty states and all market segments. We utilize cutting-edge modeling techniques that employ telematics and other external market data. We drive innovation through the use of automation tools like SQL, R and Python. Our culture emphasizes employee engagement through training and development programs, job rotations across our reserving, ratemaking and enterprise risk management functions, participation in global working groups as well as team-oriented social events.
As an actuarial candidate, we provide you with the best of all worlds: a small consulting company feel inside a large industry-leading insurance conglomerate, a U.S. -based team working in collaboration with international actuarial colleagues, and experience in all areas of actuarial practice. If you want to join Tokio Marine North America Services and help us deliver exceptional customer service while developing your career skills, apply today!
The TMNAS Senior Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share over $4B countrywide. The pricing services include performing Actuarial analyses and calculations, preparing reports and participating in Actuarial projects.
The Senior Pricing Analyst needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires the knowledge to make rate filings across all states and most Property and Casualty lines of business, the ability to price large accounts, the ability to develop rates to support new coverages, and the ability to work with data in support of this work.
- Gather and organize internal data into reports that support the rate maintenance needs of the client sister companies including rate indications, rate impacts, filing forms, and responses to question from insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to develop rate plans for new coverages and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to make adjustments to existing rate plans, present the proposed changes to Underwriters and gain their support, and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Participate in programming, preparation and interpretation of Actuarial reports
- Participate in projects involving product development and pricing
- Develop new ideas and efficiencies that improve the Department’s performance
- Successful completion of Actuarial exams within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science or information science & technology desirable
- 4+ years of Property and Casualty Actuarial experience
- At least 4 CAS exams completed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Working knowledge of SQL or other programming language strongly preferred
- Experience with standard Property and Casualty ratemaking practices required
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Understanding of Property & Casualty coverage structures
- Analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of problems
- Strong attention to detail; ability to process Actuarial information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to translate the business needs into usable work product for the client
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.