Manager & Corporate Actuary
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Oversees and manages the financial risk involved with property and casualty insurance/re-insurance products. Trusted advisor with regard to enterprise risk management (ERM) via guidance on segment returns.
- Oversee and manage procedures for evaluating financial risk for the company, including quarterly ERM reporting and capital modeling
- Assess both quantitative and qualitative risk exposures
- Ensure that creative and financially sound ERM solutions are delivered to Business Units
- Oversee reporting for both internal and external distribution, including annual ORSA report
- Support policy development concerning financial liability and operational risks
- Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units
- Ensure continuous improvement in ERM processes to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal customers
- Monitor economic and regulatory environment to develop methodologies for the organization to respond to any opportunities or difficulties identified
- Manage the day-to-day work of analysts and specialists
- Assist in evaluation of organic and inorganic growth opportunities by assessing their impacts on both current and future economic capital positions
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in math, finance or economics preferred
- 7+ years of property and casualty actuarial experience with demonstrated achievements
- Experience with International actuarial operations in global insurance environment highly desirable
- Experience with data analysis using data mining tools. Experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python desirable
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance
- Superior knowledge of the technical aspects of actuarial methods, tools and techniques, including financial modeling
Licenses & Professional Coursework (minimum required)
- ACAS or FCAS Designation
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.