Bala Cynwyd, PA
October 12, 2017
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Sr. Programmer will be responsible to lead and/or participate in technical design, estimation, development and implementation of Guidewire systems using GW Studio and developing code in Gosu/Java for configuration and/or integration development. In this role, he/she will be expected to possess advance development skills in key technologies (articulated below). A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies.
- Lead/participate the analysis, design, test and technical implementation for the functional enhancements of Guidewire product suite applications.
- Participate in requirement gathering and analysis
- Responsible for architectural design of the functional enhancements
- Responsible for the configuration, development and implementation of the functional enhancements according to technical specifications and business requirements
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assists in user acceptance testing
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation
- Participate in on-going production support and maintenance for implemented Guidewire applications
- Provide resolution of support and maintenance tickets per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of support tickets.
- Develop procedures and queries for data analysis and reports.
- Support offshore and junior developers by providing advice, coaching and technical support on their development tasks.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
- Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Management.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT or Engineering
- Guidewire configuration or integration certification is a plus
- Java developer certifications a plus
- 5+ years professional development experience in Java (J2EE) or GOSU
- 5+ years professional development experience in SQL Server 2012, 2014
- Strong hands-on experience in Guidewire configuration/Integration within the Guidewire framework using Gosu and Guidewire Toolset
- Strong hands-on experience in Object Oriented design and programming
- Professional development experience in developing and consuming web-services
- Experience with source code repositories (Subversion, Team Foundation Server) and continuous integration/deployment
- Professional experience with XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, HTTP(s), FTP
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance JEE applications into a production environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced knowledge of SOA principles, design patterns, implementation methodologies, and related tools
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and tools for creating event-driven, interactive web pages.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.