IT Asset Management Analyst
Bala Cynwyd, PA
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Oversees all aspects and day-to-day activities of the IT Asset Management process.
- Own the tracking, analysis and reporting of IT hardware and software assets throughout the Company
- Develop, monitor and improve the collection and tracking process for licenses, warranties, configurations and service agreement information for the Company hardware and software.
- Developing and managing day-to-day execution of the IT Asset Management (ITAM) processes and policies
- Development, implementation and coordination of ITAM process for receiving, inventorying and barcoding of hardware and software assets
- Accountable for the lifecycle management of information technology assets of the Company and controlling inventory information.
- Managing ITAM process compliance with regulatory/other requirements through tracking and monitoring identified assets
- Has a functional understanding of the relationship between IT assets, fixed asset accounting principles and financial impacts of ITAM processes
- Uses ITAM information to forecast refresh and upgrade cycles and can provide same to assist with budget planning.
- Analyzes software licenses and entitlements and ensures compliance; prepares audit defense materials where necessary
- Identifies and understands the topography of IT systems, the products, platforms, and processes via appropriate discovery tools
- Monitors and reports on ITAM service delivery metrics and overall performance.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business or Accounting required.
- ITIL foundations accreditation preferred.
- Insurance industry experience preferred but not required.
- 2 - 4 years relevant experience and knowledge of asset management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Some accounting background preferred
- Ability to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate to management.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL framework, including Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Broad knowledge of IT Change Management processes preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.