Reinsurance Accounting Intern
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
The Reinsurance Accounting Intern will assist with accounting functions and various reconciliations associated with each monthly close listed as follows:
- Apply PHLY (Philadelphia Insurance Companies) Cash in the Reinsurance Loss System (ProCede) and prepare Journal Entries and reports plus keeping track of all cash received by check and wire transfer
- Prepare monthly PHLY Reinsurance Cash Flow analysis
- Enter Facultative Treaties in the PHLY Reinsurance Loss System
- Update and maintain the Letter of Credit and Trust Agreement Binders for PHLY and TMA (Tokio Marine America) Companies
- PHLY Ceded Paid Loss and reserve reconciliations
- PHLY and TMATrial Balance entry Sheets
- Print out Monthly APPS (Direct PHLY system) reports and ProCede reports for claim look-up
- Maintain Journal entry Inventory List for PHLY and TMA
- Quarterly AM Best and SNP Ratings
- Process Facultative Payments on a monthly basis
- Assist Reinsurance Managers, Reinsurance Accountant and VP of Reinsurance with special projects
Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably with a Finance/Accounting focus.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.