Senior IT Training and Communications Consultant
At Tokio Marine North American Services, we provide professional support services to the Tokio Marine Group of companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America Inc., the First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and the Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Among our professional service offerings are actuarial, financial, audit, payroll, human resources, legal, information technology, investment expertise and Corporate Communications. At TMNAS, customer service is our focus and our passion! At TMNAS, we strive to add value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Under direction of the Training and Communications Managers, the Senior Training and Communications Consultant is responsible for working directly with key stakeholders in Information Technology and other relevant business units to identify, recommend, design and implement appropriate training and communication solutions to support a variety of IT initiatives
Working cooperatively with the TMNAS IT Department, the Enterprise Training Team, and the Communications Team, the Senior IT Training and Communications Consultant:
• Conducts training needs analysis with relevant IT stakeholders and scopes projects appropriately
• Develops and maintains an Enterprise IT strategic training and communications calendar based on the business need
• Creates and maintains a training and communication project plan to support each IT training priority, applying the most effective method of change management; Conducts training and communications impact analysis and manages IT training based on the business need
• Plans, develops and delivers all aspects of training and communications related to TMNAS Information Technology initiatives, including but not limited to email, job aids, webinars, eLearnings, and classroom based training
• Selectively identifies and manages training vendors where appropriate, based on cost/benefit and quality, to support IT training initiatives, in accordance with the training and communications project plan
• Evaluates learning impact using ROI or level 5 measurements
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s Degree preferred in online teaching or learning, instructional design, organizational development or any other related area
4+ years’ experience in Information Technology Training, Project Management, Vendor Management, Communications Planning, and Change Management
Experience with insurance organizations highly desirable.
• Strategic thinking: Sees the big picture and architects solutions that are in alignment with the organizational need; balances competing interests and
• Judgement: makes sound decisions after analysis of relevant data
• Negotiation: Listens and understands multiple perspectives; brokers solutions that meet a multitude of needs
• Business acumen: Understands the business impact of decisions and creates solutions accordingly
• Timeliness, Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Produces high quality accurate work, on time, on budget
• Consultative Customer Service: Responsive, consultative, collaborative
• Teamwork: Collaborates effectively as part of multiple teams (IT, Training and OD, multiple business partners) both remote and onsite.
• Organizational Savvy: Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
• Strong technical knowledge of IT Best Practices, IT Project Lifecycle, and technical terminology
• Strong knowledge of design and development within online content authoring tools (Adobe Presenter and Captivate, ConnectPro, Camtasia, and Webex preferred)
• Knowledge of adult learning: principles, practices and measurement
Skills and Abilities
• Project management
• Change management
• Stakeholder analysis
• Cost/benefit analysis to determine best approach to deliver training
• Superior writing skills
• Ability to develop and deliver training across platforms (online, classroom, job aids, etc).
• Ability to self-manage projects and workload
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.