Actuarial Analyst I
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
The TMNAS Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share over $3B countrywide. The pricing services include data development, a reporting platform for self-service pricing reports, exposure management, predictive analytics, rate maintenance, large account pricing, and product development.
The Actuarial Analyst needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires ability to learn data definitions and structures related to insurance operations across most lines of business and the ability to provide assistance in supporting a self-service reporting platform for clients. It also requires the analyst to use the data and/or reports to provide insights on profitability.
- Gather and organize internal and external data into structures that can be used to support the reporting needs of the client sister companies
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Design, develop, enhance, produce and interpret key property and casualty insurance reports for both internal and external distribution
- Communicate results and field questions about each group company’s Price Monitor reports
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities
- Successful completion of actuarial examinations within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work
- Strong drive to accomplish goals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Technology skills including data organization
- Superior analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of actuarial-related problems
- Strong attention to detail; ability to process actuarial-related information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to translate the business needs into usable reports for the client
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science, or information science & technology
- 0-2 years of property and casualty actuarial experience
- At least 1 actuarial exam completed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
Experience with other programming languages (e.g. R or Python) is a plus
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.