Accountant I-General Accounting
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Responsible for performing day to day GAAP accounting tasks for TMNAS and the business units it supports. Provides support to the Sr. Accountant and Senior Accounting Manager – General Accounting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains records in accordance with GAAP and organizational standards.
- Creates reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities, including recording journal entries and performing balance sheet and P&L reconciliations.
- Provides support as needed to the Senior Accounting Manager – General Accounting.
- Creates and utilizes automated tools for the updating, analyzing and reporting of financial results.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
- 0-2+ years’ experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting (GAAP) and insurance principles.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, G/L tools and principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good communication skills to provide information to business units.
- Strong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate with the department if a deadline might be missed.
- Strong customer service skills in order to respond to employee inquiries and management requests (i.e., responsive, collaborative, accurate)
- Emotional maturity to be able to responsibly work with confidential and sensitive Company information.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.