Manager and Pricing Actuary Rate Maintenance & Product Development
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
The TMNAS Actuarial Pricing Section works with internal and external customers to handle pricing needs for sister companies with market share of $4B countrywide. The pricing services include data development, a reporting platform for self-service pricing reports, exposure management, predictive analytics, rate maintenance, large account pricing, and product development.
The Pricing Actuary needs to be able to work with internal and external customers to provide the information supporting business decisions. The position requires the knowledge to make rate filings across all states and most lines of business, the ability to price large accounts, the ability to develop rates to support new coverages, and the ability to work with data in support of this work.
- Gather and organize internal data into reports that support the rate maintenance needs of the client sister companies including rate indications, rate impacts, filing forms, and responses to question from insurance departments
- Utilize internal and external information to develop rate plans for new coverages and support the filing of plans with insurance departments
- Monitor economic and regulatory environment to develop strategies for the organization to respond to any opportunities or difficulties identified.
- Manage the day-to-day work of analysts and specialists.
- Build high performance teams through effectively training, mentoring, delegating, and providing feedback to team members
- Work within a collaborative team environment
- Successful completion of actuarial examinations within the guidelines set in the TMNAS Actuarial Student Program
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Understanding of quantitative tools, techniques, and statistical methods
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems
- Ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the best interest of the business
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work
- Strong drive to accomplish goals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Technology skills including data organization
- Superior customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring actuarial consult (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
- Superior leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement
- Superior people management skills: Plan, direct, motivate, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff
- Superior project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in actuarial science, math, finance, economics, computer science, or information science & technology
- 5+ years of property and casualty actuarial experience
- Demonstrated experience managing actuarial functions and leading others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL required
- ACAS or FCAS preferred
*Role cannot be filled by an applicant residing in the state of Colorado
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.