IT Release & Environments Engineer
The Environment Engineer will act as the main point of contact for all Environment Management activities for the department and be responsible for the management of all non-production environments, including environment scheduling. The Environment Engineer will be running / attending multiple meetings including environment scheduling, project planning, release readiness reviews and database refresh planning. Working across multiple technical, QA, and User Acceptance, deployment and project teams, the Environment Engineer will ensure all development and testing efforts are leveraging the appropriate environment while preventing code collisions.
Also, the Environment Engineer will be responsible for orchestrating all non-production database refreshes. This includes running all related meetings, gathering approvals, negotiating conflicts, and scheduling future refreshes. The Environment Engineer will ensure the reporting of Environment Management metrics is complete. Lastly, the Environment Engineer will work with Business Experience and Release Management leadership to maintain processes and practices necessary to retain accurate information; and improve upon them if necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Run Environment management meetings – Environment scheduling, database refresh planning and scheduling
- Work with Project Managers on all major projects specifically around development, quality assurance and user acceptance timelines to ensure environment compatibility and availability
- Gather and distribute environment management metrics to all levels of management including updating the environment mgmt. SharePoint page.
- Identify areas of opportunity for environment management and related processes.
- Work with App Dev, Quality Services and User Acceptance to ensure that all development and testing efforts are completed and adhere to release management processes
- Communicate all non-prod refreshes and major environment issues / changes.
- Ensure that after all Standard Release deployments that all non-production environments are updated with the correct codebase.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Extensive understanding of Release Management and Project Management practices and procedures
- Experience and understanding of Dev-ops, Agile and SAFE a plus
- Hands on working experience with HP/MircoFocus ALM or Octane preferred
- Hands on working experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps (formally TFS) preferred
- Knowledge of Onshore-Offshore resourcing and management model preferred
- Experience with Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
- Outstanding strategic insight to understand and consider relevant organizational / departmental impacts of decisions and departmental growth strategy.
- Subject matter expertise-level working experience in problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to all levels of management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups at multiple levels in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong time management skills to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Highly capable of being highly involved in the day to day details as well as big picture thinking to decipher what type of information provides value to the users in the present as well as future.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously when needed; driving towards completion of set milestones and goals.
- Highly effective at working collaboratively as part of the team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.