Business Analyst III - Data Governance
Business Analyst III (Data Governance)
The Business Analyst III is a key contributor to the TMNAS Data Governance effort. As such, the Business Analyst III is expected to leverage a broad knowledge of data governance and stewardship concepts in order to identify improvement opportunities (and propose solutions) based on insightful quantitative and qualitative analysis. The Business Analyst III should also have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, in order to build and sustain relationships and lines of communication with key business and IT stakeholders, and to identify and partner with influential subject matter experts in order to drive measurably successful outcomes.
• Provides quantitative and qualitative data and metadata analysis on programs, projects, sub-projects, and issues, as assigned
• Works with stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and document business and technical needs, and to ensure alignment with DG strategy
• Partners with architects and developers to infuse DG considerations into architectural planning and design
• Evangelizes DG strategy and promotes DG principles, policies, and best practices
• Establishes Data standards, creates critical DG artifacts and monitors compliance of standards
• Establishes KPIs for periodic measurement and reporting to the management team.
• Have innovation mindset and constantly strives to improve the Governance processes and KPIs
• Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
• Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, MIS, Computer Science or Mathematics) or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with SQL query-writing and BI tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, SSRS, etc.
• Significant experience with Data Governance / Metadata Management toolsets such as Informatica Axon/EDC or Collibra Data Center Governance is strongly preferred
• Experience with Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) is helpful
• Broad working knowledge of data governance and data stewardship
• Deep appreciation of the need for data governance, as well as a solid understanding of how to apply DG tools and techniques to ensure business and project compliance with DG principles, policies, and practices
• Demonstrated ability to generate quantitative and qualitative analysis; especially data and metadata analysis
• Demonstrated problem solving, collaboration, and analytical skills
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff and business stakeholders
• Superior attention to detail
• Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes is preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
• Knowledge of Business Process Management
• Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate)
• Ability to translate a deep understanding of the company’s value proposition—and of how data is used by TMNA’s various companies—into insightful quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Ability to work with business and IT stakeholders to help define, prioritize, document, validate and align data requirements with DG strategy
• Ability to leverage strong subject matter expertise related to business-process and data-usage, in order to collaborate with business and IT stakeholders and lead analysis projects and sub-projects as assigned
• Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.