Senior Big Data Engineer
The Senior Big Data Engineer proactively contributes knowledge and practice of a broad array of data management skills and techniques working to rationalize the organizations data assets, processes, applications, systems, and information usage across multiple functional areas. In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and must exhibit excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure, be a quick learner, and display a high degree of initiative.
- Design, engineer, optimize, and evangelize Big Data Solutions, Schema on Read & Spark Data processing across the enterprise.
- Create and enforce Hadoop best practices, development standards, data load and retrieval patterns.
- Install, configure and support Hadoop.
- Perform pre-processing using Hive and Spark.
- Partner with relational and dimensional developers, BI analysts, data scientists, infrastructure, and business stakeholders to drive efficiencies and improvements in information usage.
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of the data lake.
- Execute upon the organization’s Enterprise Information Management strategy.
- Establish and build strong working relationships and partnerships with vendors, management, peers, and industry partners.
- Aid in the overall delivery of full spectrum data, analytics, and reporting services across multiple P&C insurance carriers.
- Support the organization in the delivery of self-service data capabilities including training, collaboration, and partnering with the customer.
- Support data integrations of several internal and complex multi-partner OLTP system implementations.
- Offer input, advice, and guidance on an ad hoc basis in support of developing a data driven culture.
- Perform hands-on development support and team guidance for current Hadoop based implementation
- Create scalable and high-performance services for data exchange and high speed queries for data retrieval
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Mathematics, Computer Science) or equivalent experience required
- 5+ Years of experience overall working Hadoop & related technologies.
- 10+ experience in Java development.
- 3-5 years hands on experience in Hive and Spark.
- Experience in Big Data development.
- Experience with NoSQL implementation, including stream processing.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.