IT System Administrator III
Responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for a particular operating system, middleware or application(s).
• Installs, configures and maintains operating systems on all servers. Schedules installations of security patches and system upgrades. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
• Installs new software releases, system upgrades. Evaluates and resolves Operating System, Hardware, & Communication-related problems.
• Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Monitors and fine-tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Conducts routine hardware and software audits.
• Providing technical support when requested.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
• 4 year college degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or related) or equivalent work experience in Infrastructure Administration
• Microsoft Professional Certification and Linux (in at least two core technologies) preferred
• 6+ years in IT Server Administration experience
• Strong knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
• Experience with scripting and automation tools, PowerShell and Python preferred
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong ability to build effective relationships with cross functional team members and stakeholders
• Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
• Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels with guidance
• Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations with guidance.
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation toward Units requiring consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative, and accurate)
• Strong project management skills: plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
• Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
• Ability to apply organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors
• Displays attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.