Bala Cynwyd, PA
The Programmer II will be responsible for the analysis, configuration, design and implementation of projects for the enterprise utilizing Java and PL/SQL. The individual in this role should ideally possess proven technical skills in Java based development whereby they can provide technical mentorship and contributions to a team of developers. In this role, they are expected to work with our architects and other teams to analyze and understand business/data requirements and process flows and develop solutions to meet those requirements. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies and is expected to possess advanced skills in key areas (articulated below).
- Participate in the analysis, requirements, design, configuration and technical implementation of Java applications for Insurance domain.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts
- Research, evaluate and provide input to potential solutions taking into consideration project constraints, organizational architecture standards, customer business processes and emerging technologies, where applicable.
- Participate in the development of work items, estimates, schedules and plans to meet business needs
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to a team of developers.
- Work collaboratively with architects, technical leads, QA teams and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems in the design and development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance
- Provide resolution of support tickets and ad hoc requests per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of various issues reported
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing
- Support QA and UAT execution and deployments in various environments.
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
- 3 years of enterprise system analysis, design, development and implementation experience using JEE
- 2 years of experience with writing Oracle, PLSQL, T-SQL or SQL
- Professional development experience for cross browser based user interfaces (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Mozilla based platforms)
- Professional development experience with Servlets, JSP, JSTL
- Experience configuring and developing on JBoss and Apache
- Experience utilizing Eclipse tools
- Knowledge of enterprise portal design concepts such as integration, security, collaboration, personalization, SSO, taxonomy classification and federation
- Working experience with XML/XSLT/XPATH
- Experience working with source code repositories
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding with SDLC methodologies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff and business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes
- Knowledge of packaged applications such as OneShield designer, Majesco RBS or ServiceNow
- Knowledge of deployment automation tools like Octopus, DevOps practices and build pipeline, Source Code Analysis (SonarQube), JUnit
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches
- Knowledge of MicroFocus Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; Able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.