Business Analyst III
Business Analyst III
The Business Analyst III is responsible for working with business and internal IT stakeholders to define business requirements for the technology solutions that support our customers. This person will be responsible to formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. In addition, this person is passionate about the customer experience, understanding business strategic imperatives and contributing to evidence based decisions. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast-paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies.
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for analyzing the feasibility and cost benefit of potential solution options.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT, business, and vendors for assigned work.
- Assists in formulating and designing system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information to support application issues for specific business groups or applications.
- Participates in the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Collects and defines requirements
- Translates into functional design documents
- Participates in technical design
- Participates in test planning and may coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Supports execution of both QA and UAT phases
- Participates in user documentation processes
- Assists with training users on new or enhanced applications
- Supports Go Live activities including production smoke testing and post Go Live activities
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Able to support production releases, including projects, standard release cycles, and urgent hot fixes after hours or on weekends as needed.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units, Peers, and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree preferred (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Insurance knowledge/certification a plus
- 5-7+ years Business Analysis experience
- Significant experience writing business requirements and functional specs for in-house and/or vendor managed software applications and integrations.
- P & C Insurance Experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write business requirements and functional specifications
- Demonstrated problem solving, collaboration and analytical skills
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Demonstrated experience and understanding with all aspects of the SDLC. Experience with both Waterfall and Agile SDLC desired.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff, and business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of UML and BPMN
- Knowledge and experience with activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements
- Knowledge and experience with formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, and support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, strong knowledge of Outlook, Visio, Excel, and Word
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative, and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Broad business analysis toolbox of techniques including, but not limited to business process modeling, personas and journey mapping, data mapping, data analysis, data transformation and business rule documentation, prototyping, and diagramming, to ensure accuracy to specify, model, verify and validate requirements.
- Strong elicitation and facilitation capabilities with outcome driven planning and preparation.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.