Bala Cynwyd, PA
November 15, 2019
The Sr. Programmer – Web Development Team is responsible for leading and/or participating in the support and maintenance, technical design, development and implementation of different external web portals and other related components for TMNAS and Group companies. In this role, he/she will be expected to possess advance development skills in key technologies (articulated below). The candidate should be a self-motivated, self-directed, hands on developer with a great passion in development, and should be quick at analysis and resolving issues. The candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part of a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies whereby he/she can provide technical mentorship and leadership to a team of developers.
- Lead/participate in the analysis, design and technical implementation of mobile optimized web sites and related components.
- Responsible for implementation of different web applications according to provided technical specifications and business requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to portal implementation.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications into technical specifications
- Participate in architectural design of the functional enhancements collaborating with EA team
- Participate in design of consumer-focused user experience for all of our online internal and external facing applications.
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing and assist in user acceptance testing
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis and coding
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts and end users.
- Lead on-going production support for implemented projects.
- Manage production support tickets in terms of severity.
- Provide resolution of support tickets.
- Provide reporting of project statuses to project management and leadership.
- Maintain coding best practices and standards. Ensure that the best practices are enforced and followed during the development process with various team members
- Support offshore and junior developers by providing advice, coaching and technical support on their development tasks.
- Responsible for planning and creating release packages of various web sites and web application and related components, working with the release management team
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the company.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience required
- Microsoft developer certifications a plus
- 7+ years of web development experience on Microsoft platform.
- 7+ years professional experience in developing C# and ASP.NET based web applications and web sites for cross-browser consumption.
- 7+ years professional experience in developing application using SQL Server 2012-2016.
- 5+ years professional experience in developing MVC web applications.
- 5+ years professional experience in developing web services for the web consumption (REST, SOAP, JSON, Web API).
- Development experience using Web API using ASP.Core is a plus
- Experience with SQL using Microsoft SQL Server or any other RDBMS and performance tuning.
- Experience configuring and developing on IIS 7.5 & 8.5 platform.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio 2013-2017 including Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with TFS builds and code merging.
- Experience with Web Forms development and any Content Management System is a plus.
- Experience developing mobile solutions for IOS and Android mobile devices is a plus
- Experience developing and integrating web sites with various social media API is a plus.
- Experience developing SQL Server Reports (SSRS) is a plus
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector is a plus
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Programming
- Advanced knowledge of SOA principles, design patterns, implementation methodologies, and related tools.
- Advanced knowledge of XML, XSLT.
- Strong knowledge of Unit testing frameworks and SOAPUI
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance integrations into a production environment.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, or process problems, ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with other development teams to share and cultivate any changes needed.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.