Enterprise Architect - Information Architect
Bala Cynwyd, PA
February 4, 2020
The Enterprise Architect will serve as the subject matter expert for TMNAS’ Data and Information Business Solutions and be expected to have deep understanding within this specific discipline. The Enterprise Architect will work with IT analysis and development teams as well as business management to identify strategic solutions and support strategic projects. The EA must have a demonstrated history of enterprise Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence development and several years of experience supporting information solutions. The EA will be providing expert consultancy across the enterprise, mentoring, formulating technical strategies and policies and acting as a “trusted advisor” to customers and internal teams.
- Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other architects and senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies.
- Engages in the development of models and strategic roadmaps to support business strategies and enable the business/IT partnership.
- Partners with the Data Services and Business Intelligence teams and business leaders to support roadmaps, Data Quality, Data Governance, and Metadata Management initiatives and overall information strategies.
- Formulates architecture and supports architectural development processes and projects.
- Models key business and information delivery processes, critical paths and assesses fit and impact of technology on business processes.
- Engages in the development of architectural principles to support business goals.
- Consults with systems engineers and architects to develop IT standards for the business.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- BS in Computer Science, Information Science, or Software engineering with at least 4 years of experience in software development, hardware architecture, information architecture, or system architecture. Or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, or Software engineering with at least 3 years in solution, information, system or hardware architecture.
- A minimum of 3 years of Architecture or equivalent level experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of Data/Information Architecture experience, at least 3 years of which needs to be working as an Architect or Senior Programmer.
- Recent experience in the Banking/Financial Services/Insurance Industry is preferred
- Experience in the IT Consulting industry is preferred
- Data Quality Management experience is preferred
- Experience in Metadata Management is preferred
- TOGAF, Zachman Framework, or related methodology experience required, with a relevant certification beneficial
- Experience with Data Quality Management and Data Governance methodologies and supporting toolsets
- Experience with Apache HADOOP, NoSQL, IT hardware platforms
- Ability to work with business and IT management and present IT solutions
- Knowledge of Data/Information management concepts and solutions.
- Knowledge of insurance concepts, business models, processes and systems.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of open-source software utilities and distributed file systems.
- Understanding of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of data warehousing and BI applications, reporting and information delivery techniques and applications, databases and data models, IT security models or IT hardware platforms.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write architectural requirements and functional/non-functional specifications.
- Knowledge in the creation of technical and business focused diagrams and blueprints.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking including the ability to apply organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle or lead multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.