Develops and implements enterprise information security architectures and solutions to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. May require familiarity with application development, database design, domain structures, network infrastructure, user authentication, and encryption. Conducts accurate evaluation of the level of security required in the helping the project teams to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Aligns security architectural strategy with business requirements.
- Researches, designs, and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers.
- Represents security disciplines in Enterprise Architecture and project discussions, ensuring that designs and standards are in place to appropriately manage technology risks.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of one or more specialized architecture areas such as network, security, applications, data, systems, and business segments.
- Works closely with other IT functional areas, security professionals, and business units to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps current with security standards and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
- Interacts with users to develop an understanding and adherence to standard operating protocols
- Assists in the authoring, establishment and enforcement of security and risk management policies and standards.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or science preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant IT operations experience with at least 4 directly in the security space
- Additional security and privacy certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, CRISC, CCFP, GIAC certs) preferred
- TOGAF or SABSA experience preferred
- ISO2700x, ITIL and COBIT frameworks experience preferred
- Experience with application development, database design, domain structures, network infrastructure, user authentication, and encryption preferred.
- Experience with designing and engineering system architectures in an Enterprise Architecture or security architecture context preferred.
- Experience with CSIRT planning and techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of typical organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Security concepts related to encryption, authentication, network protocols, complex integration of technologies.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.