Bala Cynwyd, PA
February 6, 2020
System Analyst II
The System Analyst II will participate in the functional and technical tasks to support configuration, development and maintenance of enterprise contents including documents, letter and forms and configuration of new and existing products in insurance suite. In this role, he/she is expected to work with our business stakeholders, architects and other teams to analyze and understand business/data requirements and process flows and develop solutions to meet those requirements. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies and is expected to possess advance skills in key areas (articulated below).
- Participate in the analysis, requirements, design, configuration and technical implementation of different documents and components for insurance applications
- Participate in the identification and documentation of business, functional, and technical problem
- Participate in the development and analysis of business requirements documents
- Responsible for design and development of documents, forms and applications configuration according to provided technical specifications and business requirements
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation.
- Research, evaluate and provide input to potential solutions taking into consideration project constraints, organizational architecture standards, customer business processes and emerging technologies, where applicable.
- Participate in the development of work tasks, estimates, schedules, materials and plans to meet business needs
- Work collaboratively with architects, technical leads, QA teams and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems in the design and development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance
- Provide resolution of support tickets and ad hoc requests per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of various issues reported
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing
- Support QA and UAT execution and deployments in various environments.
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or a related technical discipline preferred
- 3 years of enterprise system analysis, design, development and implementation experience
- 3 years of experience with configuration tools
- 2 years of experience with writing T-SQL or SQL
- Development experience in a content authoring tool like Smart Communication, OpenText or Thunderhead
- Experience writing business requirements or functional specifications
- Working experience with XML/XSLT/XPATH
- Experience with scripting tool like Powershell
- Experience working with source code repositories
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding with SDLC methodologies.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff and business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches
- Knowledge of MicroFocus Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Knowledge of deployment automation tool like Octopus, DevOps practices and build pipeline is a plus
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing content authoring documents and applying application configuration changes in production environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; Able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.