Corporate Liaison and Executive Assistant
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Provides administrative assistance to executives and Tokio Marine Group Companies’ employees who are designated by executives (“The members”). Work closely with executives and the members to plan, monitor and research all business assignments assigned and handle any administrative activities in the process.
Assist with the governance monitoring activities of the Group Companies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all scheduling and arrangement of meetings, business trips and expenses associated with the activities of executives and the members.
- Assist with travel arrangements for TMNA visitors.
- Greet guests and customers in traditional Japanese manner.
- Handle immigration issues for Japanese expatriates and liaison with home office.
- Support Japanese expatriates with respect to housing matters in the US, including lease applications and security deposits.
- Assist Japanese expatriates and families with their application and termination of medical and dental benefits.
- Plan, monitor and research for executives and the members with assignments regarding the operations of the business specifically for Home Office.
- Conduct financial matters including but not limited to bank accounts and check issuance for Japanese expatriates. In addition, report on all accounting matters to TMHD/TMNF.
- Coordinate and report with TMHD and TMNF on the matters mentioned above.
- Handle administrative matters such as procurement of stationery and office equipment, expense requisitions, copying, filing and processing letters and other documents as directed by executives and the members.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Performing special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant and/or in secretarial role.
- Must be bilingual Japanese/English – both written and verbal for significant interactions with TMHD, TMNF and Japanese expatriates in other group companies and other Regions. Must be skilled in the formal way of Japanese communication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service/client-oriented, especially with Japanese staff and customers.
- Very strong organizational skills, with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- PC skills should include word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database software.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.