Senior Business Continuity Analyst
Develops business continuity, crisis management, emergency management, and contingency strategies and plans for TMNAS and its group companies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and implements processes, policies and procedures for business continuity, emergency management, contingency planning and crisis management program elements.
2. Performs designated BCM liaison duties and coordination with TMNA group companies. Able to travel for liaison duties, as required.
3. Tests plans with various operational departments throughout group companies.
4. Develops strategy, training materials, protocol and quick reference guides for business continuity, , contingency, emergency management and crisis management areas. .
5. Manages efficient and effective usage of BCM Tools and integration with other tools as necessary.
6. Initiates awareness processes to make necessary improvements for business continuity, emergency management and contingency plans.
7. Collects and defines requirements, translates into functional documents and participates in the design, test planning and employee documentation processes.
8. Develops and leads tabletop exercises with group companies.
9. Communicates effectively with senior executives and leaders during crisis and emergency situations.
10. Leads incident management processes and decision-making for any type of natural, man-made or technological disaster.
11. Develops plans and procedures for the BCM Emergency Management Cell and Crisis Management Center.
12. Develops and maintains the Test, Training and Exercise Schedules for all BCM program areas, and leads project implementation plans for these events.
13. Recommends programmatic improvements and changes to AVP, BC/DR.
14. Leads Incident after Action tracking and mitigation implementation.
15. Gathers and analyzes information and supports resolutions to address application or business issues for a specific business group.
1. Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
2. Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
3. Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (preferably in Emergency Management, IT, or Business).
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- IT Disaster Recovery experience a plus.
- 7 + years experience in analysis and coordination required.
- Ability to weigh business needs and articulate solutions to management.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.