AVP of ERM
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Oversees and manages the financial risk involved with property and casualty insurance/re-insurance products. Trusted advisor with regard to enterprise risk management via guidance on segment returns.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee and manage the financial risk and reserves for the company through leading the efforts of a staff of 4-5 ERM Actuaries, Analysts and Specialists.
- Assess both quantitative and qualitative risk exposures.
- Establish and build strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units.
- Strategically analyze industry and monitor economic and regulatory environment to develop methodologies for the organization to respond to any opportunities or difficulties identified.
- Ensure that creative and financially sound ERM solutions are delivered to Business Units.
- Oversee reporting for both internal and external distribution, including annual ORSA report.
- Builds high performance teams and manages activities of staff.
- Develop policies concerning financial liability and operational risks.
- Ensure continuous improvement in ERM processes to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal customers.
- Build high performance teams through effectively training, mentoring, delegating, and providing feedback to team members.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Assist in evaluation of organic and inorganic growth opportunities by assessing their impacts on both current and future economic capital positions.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in math, finance or economics preferred.
- 10+ years of property and casualty actuarial experience with demonstrated achievements.
- Experience with international actuarial operations in global insurance environment desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years managing actuarial functions and leading others
- Superior knowledge of property and casualty insurance.
- Superior knowledge of the technical aspects of actuarial methods, tools and techniques, including financial modeling. Experience with non-technical risk governance policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with data analysis using data mining tools. Experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python desirable.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Superior writing and communication skills.
- Superior customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring actuarial consult (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Superior leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Superior people management skills: Plan, direct, motivate, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff.
- Superior project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Superior analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of actuarial-related problems.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- ACAS or FCAS professional designation.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.