Position is responsible for project management leadership of initiatives for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies. This position resides in TMNAS - Enterprise Project Management Office and executes technical project deployments resulting from IT requests from Tokio Marine North America and its Group Companies.
- Managing the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of software and infrastructure projects through the formal project lifecycle process, ensuring all required deliverables are provided and success criteria is met.
- Becoming a trusted partner to Business Owners, Project Sponsors, Portfolio Managers, Business Relationship Managers and other key stakeholders to clearly define and deliver upon commitments and success criteria.
- Identifying, assembling and leading cross-departmental project delivery teams in a matrix environment; providing leadership and mentoring to assure effective project activity completion.
- Collaborating and influencing, as needed, with vendors and external service providers to ensure buy-in and accountability to SOWs, key deliverables and committed dates.
- Organizing, managing, and directing project delivery tasks, assuring proper application of PMO standards, tools and methodologies in project work and deliverables.
- Creating and maintaining a project plan of sufficient detail to effectively manage project deliverables and utilizing enterprise project management software (MS Project Server).
- Actively planning and managing risks and issues, ensuring adequate contingency planning and issue resolution occurs throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Managing capital project budgets, including:
- Tracking, managing and reporting actual and forecasted costs, ensuring accurate invoice reconciliation, managing receivables for projects under his/her direction.
- Developing and utilizing an understanding of high-level deliverables and dependencies within assigned projects to proactively identify and address constraints, risks, and issues.
- Appropriately identify, document and manage project change control process to ensure successful implementation of changes to project commitments.
- Escalating constraints, risks and issues to the PMO Planning Manager and/or Portfolio Manager, as appropriate.
- Ability to successfully manage 2 – 5 technical projects concurrently
- Demonstrates a personal drive for results and sense of urgency to complete day-to-day work.
- Exercises strong leadership, influencing and monitoring matrix project teams through successful execution and completion of project goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to be responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate in work approach.
- Effective at negotiating budgets, schedules, scope creep, and the use of resources
- Demonstrates strong organization and planning techniques
- Able to craft clear, concise messaging to all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates leadership presence, able to equitably resolve conflict and confident when delivering difficult messages to key stakeholders and executive audiences.
- Exercises sound judgment, making informed, successful decisions from a set of complex options.
- Experience with Microsoft Project (2007, 2010, 2013 or 2019).
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server strongly desired.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Four-year degree in Business Administration, Technology Management, related field or equivalent proven project management experience and success.
- Active Project Management Institute PMP Certification is preferred (PRINCE2 in lieu of PMP acceptable)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) strongly desired
- 2 - 5+ years of project management experience leading IT projects of varying sizes, complexities and durations
- Experience working in Commercial Property and Casualty insurance or financial services companies strongly preferred
- Experience in managing $1 - $5 Million capital project budgets
- Experience managing projects in both Agile/Iterative and Waterfall development environments, with more emphasis on Agile/Iterative method experiences
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors in development, testing and staff augmentation; including experience working with SOWs and MSAs
- Experience delivering projects within a matrix organization
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.