Network Engineer II
- Monitors network performance, reliability, and scalability; evaluates network, product and service behaviors; troubleshoots and resolves network and security problems.
- Identifies, develops and implements performance improvement features and procedures.
- Works with Network Planning to manage growth plans by monitoring network performance and identifying future capacity needs.
- Coordinates the maintenance and modification of network, telephone and audio/visual (AV) systems.
- Consults with users in devising network, telephone and AV requirements, analyzing project proposals, resolving conflicts between users, recommending most favorable network approaches, and expanding network systems design.
- Represents network engineering on cross-functional product/project teams.
- Provides guidance and technical support for LAN/WAN, VoIP and AV technologies.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science) preferred.
- CCNA Certification required.
- CCNP Certification preferred. 3-5 years’ experience supporting large LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting VoIP and AV infrastructures.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations. Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Able to determine what needs to be done.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.