Communications and Social Media Coordinator
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Communications and Social Media Coordinator
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will be a vital role in supporting internal and external communication for Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) companies - Philadelphia Insurance Companies (PHLY), Tokio Marine Management (TMM), First Insurance Company of Hawaii (FICOH) and TMNA Services. Under the direction of the TMNAS Senior Communications Manager and in collaboration with colleagues at the four TMNA companies, the Coordinator will have the opportunity to work on internal and external communications projects for these brands.
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will have exciting opportunities and challenges working with many individuals on the Communication team, as well as opportunities to work with people across many levels and organizations. Their role is to support clear and effective employee communication and to enhance the reputation of Tokio Marine North America (TMNA) companies through external communication. The three core responsibilities in this role are writing and copy editing, monitoring data results of communication projects, and delivering support to the Communication Department’s team and variety of projects.
This position will write and edit communications/marketing materials daily utilizing multiple channels to deliver messages to internal and external audiences. Drafting and reviewing content each day will include social media, corporate webpages, brochures, articles, blogs, employee communication, newsletters, and digital signage screens. The coordinator plays an essential part in supporting the communication team’s strategy through data reporting on the department’s resources and projects. Built-in analytic tools and Google Analytics are used to look at the effectiveness of communication and then interpreted by the team to guide strategy. The Coordinator will also deliver support by effectively managing the department’s project calendars and provide general administrative support.
- Consistent writing and copy-editing of all external and internal content on a daily basis
- Manage weekly employee email newsletter in partnership with HR
- Support the Corporate Communications team with the development and preparation of projects – internal & external communications, public & media relations, social media, video, and event coordination
- Maintain department content calendar to integrate with Marketing, HR, Public Relations and other initiatives
- Develops and documents standard operating procedures, internal controls, and best-practices
- Maintaining professional working relationships with TMNA colleagues, media representatives and external partners
- Contribute to Marketing and Public Relations campaigns including but not limited to drafting and monitoring e-communications, internal and external websites, and corporate social responsibility
- Process department expenses and other general administrative duties
- Support the internal and external communications leads with additional tasks as needed
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field required
- Previous public relations or journalism experience
- Graphic design or video editing experience a plus
- Strong writing and grammar – AP, Chicago and other writing styles
- Marketing, public relations and media relations strategies and principles
- Social media or graphic design knowledge a plus
- Exceptional copy editing and writing skills is a must
- Highly organized with strong attentional to detail and time management skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Graphic design or familiarity with Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
- Write and copy-edit with strong grammar skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a variety of people
- Intrinsically motivated and dedicated to a delivering exceptional work
- Ability to work independently without excessive supervision and also effectively as part of a team
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.