I.T. Senior Manager, Business Analysis
Bala Cynwyd, PA
IT Senior Manager - Business Analysis
This position provides strategic leadership of the IT business analysis (BA) team to develop technology solutions that support business requirements, improve processes, as well as align resources to support our customers and company strategic goals. The primary focus includes: developing the competency and growth of the business analysts by coaching and educating on business analysis skills, contributing to continuous improvements, resource performance management and demand management to ensure that the right resources are available to support projects and BAU efforts.
The Sr. BA Manager supervises and coordinates the daily activities of staff, which includes assessing and monitoring staff productivity through standards and metrics to optimize performance and increase efficiency. They also monitor the activities of the business analysis team to ensure all projects’ progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Monitors and reports on service delivery metrics and overall performance of the department. Manages planned change initiatives and operations.
- Negotiates Service Level Agreements, ensures SLAs are met; when SLAs are not met, leads improvement efforts.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements approved process improvements.
- Tracks actual performance against planned business performance, analyze variances, and problem solves to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- Serves as focal point of communication for major service outages/escalations.
- Manages service delivery teams and individual objectives, performance and development.
- Develops management tools.
- Builds high performance teams through effectively training, mentoring, delegating, and providing feedback to appropriate members of the Department.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT, or Business preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ year’s relevant experience.
- Insurance experience required; Guidewire experience preferred.
- Ability to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate to management.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong project management skills; plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.