Business Analyst III
Business Analyst III
Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering technical feasibility and desired results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting high-level business requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for analyzing the feasibility and cost benefit of potential solution options.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and the business for assigned work.
- Assists in formulating and designing system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and supports application issues for a specific business group.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Collects and defines requirements, translates into functional design documents and participates in the technical design, test planning and user documentation processes.
- Participates in software design, prototyping and testing of new or enhanced applications.
- Works with users and peers in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications.
- Assists in training users on new or enhanced applications.
- Supports the planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Knowledge of UML and BPMN
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.