Organizational Development and Training Intern
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
This organization development and training internship opportunity will provide a chance to learn the fundamentals of training and organizational development at Tokio Marine North America Services. Opportunities for learning include survey management, data analysis, generating reports, needs analysis, instructional design, communication planning, as well as support for training delivery and leadership development program off-sites. This internship opportunity will provide a chance to learn the basics of training and organizational development in a global corporate setting.
Essential Job Functions:
Under direct supervision, the intern will:
- Develop and manage internal company surveys by:
- Creating and managing project plans to ensure on-time delivery of all steps in the survey administration process
- Creating communication strategies and content to ensure all stakeholders are engaged in the process
- Designing surveys that elicit valuable information from employees
- Utilizing Qualtrics online survey software to administrate employee surveys and ensure a positive and useful survey experience
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis in Excel to discover business-relevant trends and implications
- Summarizing results into reports with sufficient levels of professionalism and clarity to be presented to executive leadership team
- Provide support to the enterprise training team for multiple subsidiaries across North America by:
- Consulting with key stakeholders and developing surveys to determine employee training needs
- Developing and implementing communication strategies for program utilization
- Developing training content to be delivered by the training manager or provided online via the company learning management system
- Evaluate training effectiveness by analyzing quantitative and qualitative data in Excel
- Support offsite training and leadership development programs across North America by:
- Developing training materials to be used for developing leadership competencies in managers and high-potentials across multiple companies
- Managing projects plan to ensure timely execution of key training deliverables
- Providing on-sight administrative support to ensure smooth execution of development programs (local to Pasadena)
- Providing research, data analytics, and other OD/HR administrative support to SVP by:
- Researching various HR assessment tools, identifying multiple options and providing comparative analysis on results based on industry best practices
- Providing administrative and governance support for academic and professional affiliations such as SHRM, HRCI, and etc.
- Have regular and reliable attendance
- Be responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(Including non-profit, academic, internship, and volunteer experience)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow-up regarding any responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Qualtrics survey design software (knowledge of Qualtrics360 a plus)
- Online learning software (e.g. Adobe Presenter, Captivate) a plus
- Experience with social networking such as content strategy, site administration, blogging, etc.
- Prior work in training design and/or delivery
- Strong project planning and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Corporate communication planning, writing communication plans and copy editing
- Strong interpersonal and self-management skills
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.