Business Analyst- Business Intelligence
Bala Cynwyd, PA
The Business Analyst II is responsible for working with business stakeholders to define business requirements and priorities in support of Business Information and Reporting Strategy. In this role, he/she is expected to work with our business stakeholders, architects, development teams to analyze and document analytical business/data requirements. The Business Analyst II is an expert in understanding business information needs and how to apply BI tools and techniques to support business and project objectives. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment as part a service delivery function for TMNA Services (TMNAS) and its Group Companies and is expected to possess advanced skills in key areas (articulated below).
- Participate in the analysis, requirements, design and implementation of the information and data reporting solutions
- Responsible for the analysis, business requirements, functional specifications and data mapping
- Work with business users to solicit, analyze, and document business needs around information delivery and presentation in a business requirements document
- Document business/data requirements from source and target applications to support reporting as well data prep, staging and presentation
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts for reporting solutions
- Responsible for decomposing broad business information needs into well-defined data requirements including business measures, reference data, business data definitions
- Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance for implemented reports
- Provide resolution of support tickets and ad hoc requests per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of various reporting issues reported
- Develop procedures and queries for analysis of reports.
- Maintain the reports integrity by establishing, automating and enhancing operational checks, balance routines and maintaining KPIs
- Work collaboratively with architects, technical leads and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems responsible for sending data in support of existing reports
- Define acceptance criteria as part of requirements
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases; Work with QA as necessary.
- Participate in UAT execution and support end user training, as required for eventual product implementation
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, MIS, Computer Science or Mathematics) preferred
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred
- 3-7 years of prior experience focused in developing reporting solutions
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs. Ability to decompose complex business and data requirements into specifications for developers
- Experience with SQL query-writing and BI tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, etc. is preferred
- Experience working in insurance industry P&C sector
- Experience and knowledge of SQL and XML
- Experience supporting stakeholder interviews and design sessions
- Experience defining requirements for metrics/scorecards, dashboards, OLAP analysis, ad-hoc, and structured reports
- Demonstrated experience gathering BI and DW requirements
- Demonstrated problem solving, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of various SDLC methodologies
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of IT management, staff and business stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of BI and DW concepts and principles
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Knowledge of the concepts, and best practices for Reports development
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches
- Knowledge of HP Application Lifecycle Management is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Clear communication and comprehension skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; Able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong drive to execute and deliver
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.