IT Finance Intern
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
IT Finance Intern
Responsible for performing day to day procurement, budget monitoring, and payment processing tasks for TMNAS IT Finance and the business units the Company supports (Philadelphia Insurance, Tokio Marine America, and First Insurance Company of Hawaii).
- Responsible for procure-to-pay cycle for assigned vendors.
- Assist in running reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Assist in handling all IT purchase request submissions.
- Contribute to identifying and tracking items for a monthly accrual.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned
- Exercises independent discretion and judgment.
Current enrollment in college degree program
- Strong understanding of confidentiality: practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization and its employees.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred, not required)
- Good communication skills to provide information to business units.
- Strong organizational skills: Planning, organizing, prioritizing tasks; the ability to work with deadlines and communicate with the department if a deadline might be missed.
- Strong customer service skills in order to respond to employee inquiries and management requests (i.e., responsive, collaborative, accurate)
- Emotional maturity to be able to responsibly work with confidential and sensitive Company information.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.