Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Responsible for working with the Business Relationship Manager to manage the intake of requests for IT support from the various business units; works with business leaders to solicit, analyze, and document business needs; works with the architects and system leads to facilitate the development of solution concepts to evaluate the feasibility/cost benefit of those solutions, and to plan the execution of work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting high-level business requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for analyzing the feasibility and cost benefit of potential solution options.
- Responsible for creating SDLC artifacts including initial project plans.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business for assigned work.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Provides supervisory oversight for a developer as a team lead.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special duties and other projects as may be assigned.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business).
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in analysis and documentation of requirements required.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with UML.
- Ability to lead JAD Sessions.
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes.
- Ability to lead and manage small/medium projects.
- Familiarity with BABOK and its methodology.
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associated with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting required business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and tools for creating event-driven, interactive web pages.
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages for writing and modifying programs that comprise an application system.
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating application databases.
- Knowledge of and experience using objects in designing, developing and implementing applications and databases.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.