Accounting Specialist - IT Finance
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Supports IT Finance team in duties related to IT Procure-to-Pay process, including related accounting accruals, review and analysis of IT expenditures, and vendor relationship management.
- Processes and codes invoices to the general ledger.
- Analyzes and submits payments for invoices.
- Creates purchase requisitions.
- Coordinates and communicates with vendors.
- Participates in the review, analysis and documentation of business and system processes.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training for end users.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units, Vendors and Resource Managers.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience in Accounting, MIS, or Business preferred.
- 0 - 2 years relevant experience
- Ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Preferred experience in SAP CO and/or FI modules
- Needs an understanding of general accounting principles.
- Cursory knowledge of I.T.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring financial consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong math skills to understand IT Procurement practices
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.