Senior Project Manager
Bala Cynwyd, PA
December 6, 2018
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the Senior Project Manager is a member of a team of project managers focused on providing cross-functional project management services across the organization. This role will be responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing medium to large IT projects to meet organizational initiatives on-time and within budget.
- Manages full life-cycle process from Initiation to Deployment for projects.
- Manages multiple project team members and provide on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed project schedules for accurate schedule tracking and progress reporting.
- Develops and reviews Statements of Work to validate scope, pricing and deliverables.
- Develops and oversees project budgets and schedules.
- Creates, tracks and directly report project status and costs on a weekly or a bi-weekly basis.
- Facilitates the completion, approval and storage of project artifacts including approval documents.
- Manages full life-cycle process from Initiation to Deployment for medium to large sized projects.
- Ensures compliance with project management governance standards.
- Responsible for risk and issue management for projects.
- Develops project charter, communication plan, risk management plan, responsibility matrix, resource plan, roles, responsibilities and reporting structure. Sets frequency and type of interactions, extent of involvement of stakeholders and the process to resolve disputes.
- Determines knowledge and skill sets required to ensure successful project outcome and collaborates with Resource Managers for resources.
- Ensures effective communication flow among business process owners, project team members and all IT functions who participate in and who will inherit the results of the project development effort. Coordinates and reports on project progress.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Technology Management, or related field preferred, or equivalent project management experience required.
- Project Management Institute PMP Certification desired (willingness to obtain within a year of hire.
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Experience managing development projects in financial services or insurance companies.
- Experience in technical infrastructure projects and/or component deliverables a plus.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors in development, testing and staff augmentation.
- Working knowledge or experience in managing Agile or Iterative development projects desired.
- Experience managing project teams (25+ people) operating within a matrix organization.
- Competent in the use of all project management and analytical software tools.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert in Microsoft Project 2007 or 2010.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server desired.
- Expertise in Portfolio Management techniques and analytical software tools.
- Expertise in methodology development, training and process control.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to
apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.