Actuarial Intern - Reserving
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Support the actuarial function and staff by performing actuarial analyses and calculations, preparing reports and participating in actuarial projects.
- Gather and prepare data for analysis, as directed. Provide support for monthly and quarterly reserving processes.
- Participate in programming, preparation, and interpretation of actuarial reports.
- Assist corporate actuaries in the preparation of financial statement exhibits and components of the Actuarial Report and the Statement of Actuarial Opinion.
- Develop new ideas that improve the Department's performance.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Basic understanding of statistical methods and actuarial tools and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving actuarial operational or process problems.
- Demonstrated initiative to seek out work.
- Strong desire to learn the profession from experienced actuaries.
- Determined drive to accomplish goals.
- Ability to understand alternative solutions that resolve problems in the interest of the business.
- Superior analytical and reasoning skills with the capability to determine the root cause of actuarial-related problems.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to accurately process actuarial-related information.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a customer-focused environment.
- Dedicated and dependable work ethic with ability to deliver results within tight reporting deadlines.
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, preferably in actuarial science, math or a related field.
- Active involvement in the actuarial examination process with 1 completed exam preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- VBA, SQL, or other programming experience desirable but not required.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.