Business Analyst II
Bala Cynwyd, PA
November 19, 2018
Business Analyst II
Provides support for the formulation and definition of systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Participates in the review, analysis and documentation of business systems and user needs.
- Supports the collection, documentation and maintenance of functional requirements and modeling.
- May support development of training for end users.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objective based on user needs and thorough understanding of business processes.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Collects and defines requirements, translates into functional design documents and participates in the technical design, test planning and user documentation processes.
- Works with users and peers in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications. Analyzes and re-engineers business processes.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business)
- Insurance knowledge/certifications preferred.
- 3 – 5 years experience preferred.
- Waterfall and Agile business analysis experience desired.
- P & C Insurance Experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications.
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages for writing and modifying programs that comprise an application system.
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating application databases.
- Knowledge of and experience using objects in designing, developing and implementing applications and databases.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; Applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.