Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Middleware
Bala Cynwyd, PA
September 20, 2018
Responsible for leading the architecture and engineering of infrastructure technologies that may involve virtualization and compute hardware, storage and backups, active directory and messaging or automation and deployments.
- Troubleshoot and provide production support at all tiers of operation of assigned application(s).
- Design, build and support multi-tier application deployments.
- Provide status updates to team members and development managers as requested.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests with timely and accurate assistance.
- Follow up with developers and vendor support to ensure that best practices are implemented, including code review as needed.
- Clearly communicate information to internal and external teams.
- Creatively solve problems and utilize analytical skills to provide support to client needs
- Perform capacity analysis and planning in accordance with current and projected system demands.
- Perform real time monitoring using appropriate tools to meet service level agreements.
- Work with Service Desk to facilitate production support efforts and responses to application related issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand application changes and their impact on middleware services and systems.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers and vendor support resources.
- Adhere to IT Security Policies and insure all solutions meet security standards and best practices.
- Ability and availability to provide after-hours support on an as-needed or rotating basis.
- Maintain installation and run-book documentation and other reference materials needed in order to support the application(s)
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry our responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Required Certifications: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL Foundations v3)
- Solid experience and understanding with: Compute infrastructure design, Virtualization solutions (VMWare and Hyper-V), Windows and Linux host environments and related technologies, Citrix solutions, Application virtualization.
- Solid experience and understanding with: Storage (SAN/NAS) technologies, backup technologies and overall data recovery methodologies, replication technologies
- Solid experience and understanding with: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, messaging hygiene, archive and encryption solutions
- Solid experience and understanding with: Image development and application packaging, monitoring technologies, automation scripting and management, deployment and system maintenance methodologies
- Relevant Certifications: ITIL Intermediate v3 – Service Transition, IT Planning Protection and Optimization, Service Operation, Operational Support and Analysis, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE Server, MCSE Messaging), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Storage+ Powered by SNIA, EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA), EMC Storage Implementation Engineer (EMCIE), HP ASE Storage Solutions Architect, Cisco Certified Network Professional - Data Center (CCNP – Data Center)
- 8+ years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in the administration of JBoss, Websphere, or Weblogic application server platforms.
- Experience in the administration of WebMethods or Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus.
- Experience installing and tuning Apache or IIS web servers.
- Experience with Windows operating system tools, permissions, and troubleshooting
- Proficiency with Java Virtual Machines tuning.
- Experience building / maintaining automated deployment tools such as Octopus, TFS, and Jenkins.
- Proficiency with Java application deployments and troubleshooting in a multi-server environment.
- Knowledge of typical organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to communicate solutions and concepts clearly to technical resources and non-technical customers and users.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring technical consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong project management skills; plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.