Bala Cynwyd, PA
Programmer II – Data Warehouse Frameworks
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies Metadata Models in OLAP and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Codes metadata models and data queries to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Advocates for usage of self-service reporting solutions
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for Data Development Lifecycle (DDLC).
- Oversees testing and development fixes.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision and uses creativity and latitude when performing a variety of tasks.
- Assists in developing data specifications.
- Gathers user requirements for fixes and enhancements; develops and documents data specifications.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering) preferred
- 3-5 years data development experience
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Effective written and oral communications
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience writing functional requirements and technical specifications
- Experience utilizing and managing SDLC or DDLC
- Experience designing and implementing data solutions from functional and technical specifications.
- Experience providing technical support for resolutions
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as non-functional requirements.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for planning and executing data development, enhancement, or support.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for design, development, and support of Client/Server applications.
- Knowledge of tools and programming languages for writing and modifying programs that comprise a data system.
- Knowledge of tools and facilities for developing and populating application databases.
- Knowledge of and experience using objects in designing, developing and implementing databases.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.