Business Analyst II
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Business Analyst II
The Business Analyst II plays a key role through representing the customer to connect technology solutions to their needs and deliver value. This person is passionate about the customer experience, understanding business needs and contributing to evidence based decisions. They keep up with current trends in business analysis and have a mindset of learning to continuously improve. They provide support for the formulation and definition of systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and have a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. They devise or modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Responsible for planning, eliciting, analyzing, and documenting business requirements.
- Responsible for planning and producing effective artifacts to represent business requirements.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending potential solution options.
- Responsible for analyzing the feasibility and cost benefit and or ROI of potential solution options.
- Responsible for managing communications between IT and business for assigned work.
- Responsible for SOP’s, QRG’s, Release Notes and/or other artifacts as needed for end users.
- Consults for the planning and execution of functional testing.
- May lead or assist in the development and delivery of training for end users.
- May coordinate User Acceptance testing following UA Framework guidelines.
- Works with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Provides technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects.
- Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Supports the software designs, prototyping, construction and testing of new or enhanced applications.
- Assists in training users on new or enhanced applications.
- Occasionally author and deliver presentations to work teams and management.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Supports production releases, including projects, standard release cycle and urgent hot fixes after hours or on weekends. In most cases, this support can be performed remotely but may occasionally require on-site support.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in MIS, IT, or Business) preferred
- IIBA certification desired
- Insurance certification a plus
- 5 – 7 years’ business analysis experience preferred.
- Waterfall and Agile business analysis experience desired.
- P & C Insurance Experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience writing business requirements and functional specs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC
- Familiarity with BABOK and its methodology
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge and practical experience of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables associates with eliciting and clearly defining and documenting requires business functionality as well as non- functional requirements.
- Knowledge and practical experience using current business analysis techniques for planning, elicitation, requirements life cycle management, requirements strategy analysis, design definition and solution evaluation.
- Knowledge and practical experience using effective techniques for stakeholder management and team collaboration.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for design and development of paper-based and online technical reference documentation, guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, etc.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Broad business analysis toolbox of techniques including, but not limited to business process modeling, personas and journey mapping, data mapping, data analysis, data transformation and business rule documentation, prototyping, diagramming, to ensure accuracy to specify, model, verify and validate requirements.
- Effective elicitation and facilitation capabilities with outcome driven planning and preparation.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.