Sr. Project Manager
Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Senior Project Manager – Surety Bond Systems
As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the Senior Project Manager – Surety Bond Systems will be responsible for planning, coordinating, monitoring, and implementing large IT projects to meet organizational initiatives on-time and within budget serving both Commercial and Accounts Surety departments.
- Manage full life-cycle processes from initiation to project closure for Surety projects.
- Manage multiple project team members and provide on-site leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed project schedules for accurate schedule tracking and progress reporting.
- Develop and review Statements of Work to validate scope, pricing and deliverables.
- Develop and oversee project budgets and schedules.
- Create, track and directly report project status and costs on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Facilitate the completion, approval and storage of project artifacts including approval documents.
- Ensure compliance with project management governance standards.
- Responsible for risk and issue management for projects.
- Develop project charter, communication plan, risk management plan, responsibility matrix, resource plan, roles, responsibilities and reporting structure. Sets frequency and type of interactions, extent of involvement of stakeholders and the process to resolve disputes.
- Determine knowledge and skill sets required to ensure successful project outcome and collaborates with Resource Managers for resources and appropriate project allocations
- Ensure effective communication flow among business process owners, project team members and all IT functions who participate in and who will inherit the results of the project development effort. Coordinates and reports on project progress.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architects and help bridge gaps across all functional teams involved.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Technology Management, or related field preferred, or equivalent project management experience required.
- Project Management Institute PMP Certification desired or willingness to obtain within a year of hire.
- 8 - 10+ years of relevant project management experience with a strong technical background
- Experience managing project teams (25+ people) operating within a matrix organization.
- Experience managing business stakeholder interactions within the surety domain and implementing related systems is required.
- Experience implementing BondPro solutions is required.
- Experience implementing Cognos based reporting solutions is very helpful.
- Experience in technical infrastructure projects and/or component deliverables a plus.
- Experience managing third party vendors in development, testing and staff augmentation.
- Experience managing external vendors/SI’s across multiple time zones.
- Experience in managing Agile or Iterative development projects.
- Experience in managing multi-million dollar program(s) for an enterprise-wide solution.
- Competent in the use of all project management and analytical software tools.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expert in Microsoft Project
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server desired.
- Experience with financial project tools such as Apptio or similar applications.
- Expertise in Portfolio Management techniques and analytical software tools.
- Expertise in methodology development, training and process controls.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; and the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills with the ability to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong flexibility and adaptability in highly matrixed environments
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.