Information Security Operations Manager
Bala Cynwyd, PA
September 10, 2018
Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals.
Information Security Operations Manager
Oversees all aspects and day-to-day activities of the Information Security Operations Team.
- Manages several key Information Security areas: Security Operations Center (24x7 monitoring), vulnerability management, risk assessment, threat intelligence, application security, and incident response.
- Monitors and reports on service delivery metrics and overall performance of the department. Coordinates and manages planned change initiatives and operations.
- Participates in negotiation of Service Level Agreements for Information Security, ensures SLAs are met; when SLAs are not met, leads improvement efforts.
- Serves as focal point of communication for major service outages/escalations.
- Manages service delivery teams and individual objectives, performance and development. Develops management tools.
- Builds high performance teams through effectively training, mentoring, delegating, and providing feedback to members the Department.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- CISSP, SCCP, or other security certification is preferred
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience, with at least 5 years in Information Security and 2 years in a managerial position
- Ability to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate to management.
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Working knowledge of various security tools and technologies including but not limited to: intrusion prevention, application security scanning, vulnerability management, SIEM, endpoint detection and response
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to write business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation toward Business Units requiring consultation (responsive, consultative, collaborative and accurate).
- Strong leadership ability; able to work with a group to set its objectives and agenda, generate allegiance to those objectives, and guide and motivate achievement.
- Strong project management skills; plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills; able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions.
- Strategic thinking; applies organizational acumen to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Ability to work independently and without supervision.
- Ability to work and lead effectively as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.